On average, we spend 2 hours and 55 minutes staring down at our smartphones. Due to this, our posture may change as the head tends to go forward while shoulders become rounded. This can lead to unexpected health problems like heartburn and incontinence.
We at Bright Side know how important it is to have a good posture and would like to show you some simple exercises that you can practice at home. There’s even a bonus feature for you at the end of the article.
1. The lift-off exercise
- Stand up straight with your neck extended. Don’t tilt your head and look straight ahead.
- Put your hands behind your back and place one palm on the other, as is shown in the picture. The arms should be slightly bent at the elbow.
- While exhaling, begin to push your arms back while lifting them away from your buttocks. You should feel some tension.
- Return to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise for 30 seconds, then change your hands.